Laboratory for Metabolic Engineering and Bioinformatics
Department of Chemical Engineering
77 Massachusetts Ave.
Cambridge, MA 02139
- Proteomic analysis of industrial microbes under industrial bioprocess and process optimization
- Construct engineering microbes for utilizing biomass to produce chemicals
- 2006, Ph.D. Tianjin University, Tianjin, China
- 2002, M.S. Tianjin Normal University, Tianjin, China
- 1995, B.S. Southwest University, Chongqing, China
- 2010, Visiting Scholar, Laboratory for Metabolic Engineering and Bioinformatics in Prof. Gregory Stephanopoulos’ lab, Department of Chemical Engineering, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- 2008, Associate Professor, School of Chemical Engineering and Technology, Tianjin University, China
- 2006, Lecturer, School of Chemical Engineering and Technology, Tianjin University, China
Jing-Sheng Cheng, Ming-Zhu Ding, Hong-Chi Tian, Ying-Jin Yuan. (2009) Inoculation density-dependent responses and pathway shifts in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Proteomics 9(20):4704–4713.
Jing-Sheng Cheng, Xiao Zhou, Ming-Zhu Ding, Ying-Jin Yuan. (2009) Proteomic insights into adaptive responses of Saccharomyces cerevisiae to the repeated vacuum fermentation. Applied Microbiology and Biotechnology 83(5):909–923.
Jing-Sheng Cheng, Ying-Jin Yuan. (2009) Release of proteins: insights into oxidative response of Taxus cuspidata induced by shear stress. Journal of Molecular Catalysis B: Enzymatic 58:84–92.
Jing-Sheng Cheng, Bin Qiao, Ying-Jin Yuan. (2008) Comparative proteome analysis of robust Saccharomyces cerevisiae insights into industrial continuous and batch fermentation. Applied Microbiology and Biotechnology 81(2):327-338.
Jing-Sheng Cheng, Qiu-Man Xu, Jin-ChuanWu, Ying-Jin Yuan. (2008) ERK-like MAPK signaling and cytochrome c response to oleic acid in two-liquid-phase suspension cultures of Taxus cuspidata. Biochemical Engineering Journal 41 (3): 274–279.
Jing-Sheng Cheng, Chao Lei, Jin-Chuan Wu, Ying-Jin Yuan. (2008) Expression of arabinogalactan proteins involved in Taxol production by immobilized Taxus cuspidata cells. Journal of Biotechnology 133: 96–102.
Jing-Sheng Cheng, Ying-Jin Yuan. (2006) Proteomic analysis reveals the spatial heterogeneity of immobilized Taxus cuspidata cells in support matrices. Proteomics 6(7): 2199–2207.
Jing-Sheng Cheng, De-Ming Yin, Shu-Ying Li, Ying-Jin Yuan. (2006) Activation of ERK-like MAP kinase involved in regulating the cellular proliferation and differentiation of immobilized Taxus cuspidata cells. Enzyme and Microbial Technology 39:1250–1257.
Jing-Sheng Cheng, Ying-Jin Yuan. (2006) Comparison of JNK-like MAP kinases phosphorylation involved in Taxus cuspidata cells response to shear stress in immobilized cultures and the Couette-type shear reactor. Biotechnology and Applied Biochemistry 44:109–117.
Bing-Zhi Li, Jing-Sheng Cheng, Bin Qiao and Ying-Jin Yuan. (2010) Genome-wide transcriptional analysis of Saccharomyces cerevisiae during industrial bioethanol fermentation. Journal of Industrial Microbiology & Biotechnology, 37(1):43-55.